For coffee drinkers, a day is not complete without drinking a cup of coffee. It feels like heaven sipping the favorite espresso, cappuccino or latte at Starbucks or any favorite coffee shops. It doesn't matter if it costs much because you love it. But what about if you want to save hard-earned money without sacrificing your favorite drink?
Well, it's a good option to make your coffee at home. And get a reliable super-automatic espresso machine.
There are lots of super automatic espresso machines for sale on the market you can choose from. But it's not easy to find what is the best for you to pick, i.e. within your budget, such as under 100, under 200, under 300, and under or over 500.
To help you, we researched and shared our findings of the best super automatic espresso machines that fall under certain price range mentioned above.
1. De'Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump– Best Espresso Machine Under $100
If you want to make authentic Italian espresso, this machine helps you do that in a short time.
Here are best features of the machine you might love:
- Swivel Jet Frother – You’ll love creating, rich creamy froth for coffee anytime
- Patented Dual Function Filter Holder – This helps you prepare espresso and cappuccino quickly and easily using ground coffee or coffee pods.
- Self-Priming Operation – This helps in making your coffee in time without hassles. It sets automatically to time its preparation, from start to finish.
- Easy to Clean – You can easily disassemble the removable water tank and drip tray for quick cleaning
- Stainless Steel Boiler – This seems durable and can endure hundreds of times of use that will last for years.
- Budget-friendly machine. This is inexpensive compared to other brands that offer same features. A cheap machine that is hard to beat.
- User-friendly Good for beginners in making cappuccino and espresso.
- Space saver. Lightweight and it doesn’t occupy much of your counter space.
- Its easy to work and easy to clean.
- You cannot use taller cup or chapping cup. No more extra space for them.
- The grounds holder is too small.
- The machine vibrates and produce large noise.
- Made almost entirely of plastic.
- The built-in tamper is useless. It doesn’t help you put more pressure on the grounds.
- The steaming wand couldn’t reached close down to the bottom of a 10 oz. pitcher.
- The water feed tube is prone to leak due to vibration from constant use. Though, it’s easy to disassemble and fix it with new a part which you can also buy online.
2. Mr. Coffee ECMP1000 – Best Espresso Machine Under $200
Since this 3-in-1 machine carries the line of a well-known Mr. Coffee brand, you can expect it will continue bring rich coffee experience whoever buys this coffee machine.
Well, many love this espresso maker because it’s easy to use. Add to that, you can work in the comfort of your home without spending time going to your favorite cafe. In fact, even a newbie barista can easily create espresso drinks just like what a professional barista is doing in a quality coffeehouse.
No more messing or stressing out to make your morning coffee. Though, this machine is not a real pop in and go. You still need to prepare, set and attend to what drinks you want to.
Features I Like:
- One-Touch Control Panel – You have the options to program the machine to make a single or double shot of espresso, cappuccino, or latte.
- Easy to Use – This machine is easy to operate from picking a single shot or double shot filter to selecting your coffee grounds, filling the milk reservoir and choosing your brew.
- Froths Milk Automatically – You can set the machine to automatically froth milk into cappuccino and latte.
- Removable Water Reservoir – It’s easy to fill the reservoir in your sink and clean it quickly after use since it’s detachable from the main machine.
- Adjustable Cup Tray – This gives option to adjust the height to accommodate demitasse cups up to big travel mugs.
- Decent price with great features.
- You can customize your coffee drinks preparation to what you want.
- You can avoid wasting excess milk because milk container is detachable for storing in the fridge.
- A good attraction in the counter. It will charm visitors.
- Made mostly of plastics.
- Produce loud sounds. It will surely awake your sleepy kids in the morning.
- No automatic control on how much milk to go into the cup. Need to heat the milk separately, such as in the microwave.
- Cannot accommodate 16oz tall coffee cup.
- Prone to clogged easily. You need to regularly clean this little machine.
3. Delonghi EC680M DEDICA – Best Espresso Machine Under $300
Don’t look down this compact De'Longhi EC680 Dedica Pump Espresso Machine. With this machine, you can prepare and create espresso and cappuccino quickly that are comparable to the one sold in Starbucks and high-end coffee shops. Though, this might be a little pricey, it offers more features that what the lower-end has offered.
To make great espresso, you need to buy quality espresso coffee beans. But you cannot serve many people quickly with this little machine. This is just perfect for low volume preparation at home.
Features I Like:
- Sleek Design – This saves more space, for it only takes about 6 inches of your counter.
- Thermo Block Technology – This gives you opportunity to heat up the water within 40 seconds.
- Automatic Flow Stop – This features offers user an option to customize drinks whether it’s one or two shots of espresso.
- Stainless Steel Construction –
- Manuel Cappuccino System – This offers an easy way to mix the air, milk and water to create a rich, thick foam for your favorite cappuccinos.
- 15-Bar Pressure – You can easily create frothy crema with this feature and alarms you when to stop pressuring your beverage.
- Built-in Cup Warmer – This will pre-heat your glasses or mugs before you can add espresso shots to keep it hot.
- Automatically switch to standby mode when inactive to save energy.
- Simple to use and easy to clean.
- Quiet in operation.
- The nozzle is prone to clogged with milk when not properly clean.
- Not enough space for traditional American coffee mugs.
4. Gaggia 14101 Classic– Best Espresso Machine Under $500
Who wouldn’t love this classic espresso machine from Gaggia. Coffee aficionados would surely remember this machine that epitomizes the ingenuity of Achille Gaggia and his passion for coffee. It’s easy to operate and the features are comparable to commercial espresso machine. Even a newbie will experience how to make great espresso or cappuccino like a barista.
Features I Like:
- 3-Way Solenoid Valve
- Stainless Steel Housing
- Commercial Portafilter
- 72-ounce removable water reservoir
- Makes great tasting espresso.
- Easy to use and maintain.
- Can use coffee pods and can deliver two cups at once.
- Good designed covers.
- Offers 6 month financing.
- High Price.
- Frothing wand is mediocre. No better than Rancillio Silva wand.
- Standard tamper is plastic and too small.
- Noisy as an air pump.
- Poor customer service.
Making espresso might be inconvenient to make to a lot of people. So, they just go to Starbucks or other favorite cafe shop. And some are sticking with their basic coffee, for they think that making espresso, lattes or cappuccino is hard. But it's just a negative thinking from unenlightened people. The reality is, with a super automatic espresso machine, you can easily make espresso, Cafe Americano, or any variation from the comfort of your home.
With these reviews, we hope you'll find the best automatic espresso machine perfect for your needs. And pick a good assistant in making your espresso, cappuccino, latte, etc. So, there's no need to rush going to Starbucks and elbowing fellow coffee lovers just to get fast your favorite coffee.
Next Article to Read: Best Keurig Coffee Maker 2018