I’m sure you’ll agree with me when I say:
A healthy gut is a secret to a long life
Or, is it?
Well, it turns out that a leaky gut is the root cause of most illnesses and diseases such as autoimmune disease, diabetes, chronic inflammation, adrenal fatigue, allergies, and diabetes, to name a few. Yes, most ailments people experiencing now started in the gut. The gut is our second brain that makes or break our health.
Certainly, eating gut healthy foods is your best option to solve this predicament. But the fast-paced life, lifestyle, and work stressed us out and prevented us.
Though you cannot eat gut-healthy foods most of the time, you can support your digestive health by adding supplements into your diet.
In this post, I'm sharing powerful supplements to help you recover from leaky gut syndrome.
If you want to know more, all you have to do is read on…
Best Supplements for Leaky Gut
|Nutrition Essentials Probiotic||Supplies good bacteria to overpower bad bacteria that lines in the digestive tract.||Tablet|
|Advanced Digestive Enzymes||Helps break up foods in your stomach, boost energy levels, and nutrient absorption.||Vegetarian Capsule|
|Pure L-Glutamine Powder||Protects gut lining from further damage.||Powder|
1. Nutrition Essentials – Best Probiotic for Leaky Gut
This Nutrition Essentials probiotic supplement is in capsule form. This delivers almost 90% living CFUs or Colony forming unit of cultured microbes. Accordingly, one of the best benefits of probiotic is in the balancing of the bad and good bacteria that lines in the digestive tract. Another is it helps to have a better digestive health that absorbs more nutrients and boost immunity to ward off infection. Thus, probiotics help reduce digestive disorders, ulcerative colitis, IBS, antibiotic-associated diarrhea and infectious diarrhea. Additionally, it helps you to poop bowel regularly and lessening smelly gas when you fart.
The living CFUs in this formula fights off the bad bacteria present in the gastrointestinal track to help you recover or reduce symptoms of various illnesses that include chronic fatigue, stress, joint inflammation, allergy, asthma, constipation, bloating, etc. Furthermore, it enhances calcium absorption and promotes more vitamin absorption.
- Heat resistant. You don’t need to preserve or refrigerate it. You can take it wherever you go.
- Helps get rid of nausea
- Help to have good bowel elimination.
- Prevents painful digestive problems.
- Cheaper than the expensive Bio X-4.
- Makes smarter, keep awake and alert.
- Little information about the product on the bottle, health information, and side-effects.
- Creating more gas sometimes.
Digestive Enzyme Benefits
Without digestive enzymes, you couldn't process food. You will feel like the food you eat are just sitting in your stomach for hours which, certainly, contributes to shortness of breathing.
But are there reasons to take supplements like this? Yes, if you have leaky gut, experiencing difficulty in digesting protein and sugars, experiencing less absorption of nutrients, and eats more on foods high in enzyme inhibitors such as wheat germ, peanuts, egg whites, seeds, nuts, beans, and potatoes.
Accordingly, these digestive enzymes supplements are a combination of Inulin Prebiotic, 1 Billion CFU of multi-strain probiotics and plant-based enzymes. Plant-based enzymes include Papain, Amylase, Protease, Cellulase, Glucoamylase, Invertase, Lactase, Lipase, Maltase and Bromelain. Every vegetarian capsule helps break up the foods in your stomach, boost energy levels, helps the body absorb essential nutrients.
As an important supplement, digestive enzymes are good for people who are suffering from colitis, horrible digestive issues, indigestion, and heartburn. It's also good for bodybuilders who eat large meals and people who eat heavy meals at night.
Anyway, you can take a pill 15 minutes before your meal or snack. But these enzymes works better when you stay away from processed foods, curb consuming red meats and eat more fresh natural foods.
And since everyone is unique and each digestive system responds differently, you can expect this is not 100% effective and so with side effects.
- Promotes intestinal health
- Reduces gas, bloating, indigestion, diarrhea, constipation, IBS and other gastrointestinal disorders.
- Help preserve energy while digesting food.
- Great value for your money.
- It's difficult to swallow the large gel capsules.
- It's not full spectrum enzymes.
- It smells like chipped wood.
Researchers show that L-glutamine offers tons of health benefits to the body. Here are 10 proven health benefits of L-glutamine.
- It acts as Band-Aid to protect ulcer and leaky gut from further damage and help them heal in the long run.
- It is a vital nutrient to repair and rebuild scarred intestines and improve gastrointestinal health.
- It balances mucus production for a healthy bowel movement, prevention of diarrhea and IBS.
- It acts as an essential neurotransmitter to the brain and powers the memory to get more focus and concentration.
- It helps recover easily from endurance exercise and power up athletic performance.
- It stimulates muscles for growth and helps prevent atrophy.
- It improves cellular detoxification and metabolism.
- It fights cancer.
- It manages blood sugar and diabetes.
- It curbs alcohol and sugar cravings.
- It's easy to include in your diet. And then you can mix this with your favorite smoothie or pre-workout shake.
- It helps recover from muscle soreness and other muscle pain.
- It helps re-energize the body from the tired workout.
- It saves money than those pricey workout drinks.
- It has bad packaging and doesn't stay closed.
- It spews nasty chemical smell when open, especially at first instance.
As a supplement, probiotics are the most important to take. Again, it helps replenish the digestive tract with good bacteria to overpower the bad. And if you cannot fully consume foods rich in probiotics, you can add it with supplements to make at least 50 billion units of probiotics.
As for digestive enzymes, a one or two capsule before each meal, helps digest your food efficiently and not leave proteins and food particles not fully broken to damage your gut wall.
While a 2-5 grams of L-Glutamine twice daily, helps fortify your anti-inflammatory defense. Also, it helps repair and grows your intestinal lining to ultimately heal a leaky gut.
Best Article to Read Next: Best Turmeric Recipes for Arthritis to Manage Pain and Inflammation