Feeling like a balloon and short of breath is a miserable condition. But what if I told you that you can control bloated stomach easily without buying expensive medications.
Yes, you read it right.
Getting rid of bloating shouldn’t cost you a lot of money because there are many effective home remedies you can find. All you have to do is scour those reliable pieces of information that can help you manage bloating.
Anyway, I am here to help you. In this post, I’m sharing tips on how you can minimize bloating and recipes to help you in controlling bloated stomach.
To learn more, please continue reading…
Bloating all the time is like your abdominal area is always full, therefore causing discomfort on your overall feeling. Abdominal bloating is a very common symptom that affects 10-30% of people.
What Causes Bloating
Common causes of bloating include overeating, constipation, overindulging in fatty foods, eating too fast, protein deficiency, physical inactivity or overactivity, slow kidney function, sitting or standing for long periods, irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, reflux, and food allergies, to name a few.
How to Get Rid of Bloating Fast
There are effective home remedies for a bloated stomach. All you need to do is follow these steps and be freed from such distress. Say goodbye to mild distension, swelling, and tightness of your stomach through proven natural remedies commonly found at home.
Essential Tips to Stop Bloating
- Avoid foods that cause flatulence and gas. You can keep your own food diary to track your diet and know which food to stay away from. Experts recommend the use of herbal supplements like sweet fennel as the most common natural relief for bloating.
- You can also consume Anise seeds, Alfalfa or Caraway to reduce gas. These are known to effectively relieve bloating and flatulence naturally.
- Experts also advise cooking herbs like fennel, dill, cinnamon, and ginger for quick relief from bloating. Ginger and spices like cinnamon are good for digestion while improving food absorption.
- Peppermint and linden tea are also excellent home remedies for a bloated stomach. Drinking tea can reduce discomfort and acidity as well as heartburn relief.
- Antacids are known to play down the gas on the stomach. You can also try natural medications available on drug stores to treat indigestion and acidity. And if you are fond of yoga, there are certain positions to relieve bloating as well.
So if you are experiencing the signs of a bloated stomach like stomach cramps, swelling, the fullness of the abdomen, stomach pain, diarrhea, difficulty breathing, belching, flatulence, and lower back pain, these are the best remedies you can try at home. All you need to do is follow the given guidelines and get immediate relief from discomfort brought by a bloated stomach.
But wait, there’s more…
How to Get Rid of Menstrual Bloating
Michigan-based ob-gyne Dr. Diana Bitner says bloating during the period is the worst case scenario for about 70 percent of women. But even then, it’s possible to manage bloating during menstruation.
Women’s Health shares Ways to De-Bloat When You Have Your Period.
- Eat potassium and protein-rich foods. Foods rich in potassium are asparagus, cantaloupe, tomatoes, bananas, and salmon. This help lowers the group of hormones such as prostaglandins that cause muscle contraction and bloating. And for foods rich in protein, the safe bet are fish, tofu, and chicken.
- Stay away from foods that cause to produce more gas such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, lettuce, beans, cabbage, and cauliflower.
- Keep up regular workout regimen
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol
- Avoid drinking carbonated and sugary drinks
- Swallow less air by eating slowly, avoid chewing gum, sucking hard candy or drinking through a straw.
Anti-Bloating Foods and Recipes
Here are some recipes and meal plans you can do to help get rid of bloating. You can blend any of these smoothie recipes with any good blender.
Digesting Support Smoothie. Within 10 minutes, you can make this smoothie to support digestion and beat bloating. You just need ingredients such as 1 banana, 1/4 papaya, 1 cup Hemp milk, 1 tsp turmeric and a sprinkle of black pepper, 1 tsp of cashew nut butter and 1 tsp of flaxseeds.
Debloating Smoothie. You can make this recipe using ingredients that include 1 banana, 1/4 cucumber, 70 g. papaya, 100 g pineapple, 30 g. spinach, 240 ml coconut water to help relax your digestive system and debloat naturally. This powerful smoothie is rich with natural enzymes to help with digestion and prevent constipation. And it is also rich in potassium that helps flush out the excess sodium that played a role in bloating.
The Anti-Bloat Smoothie. This helps with digestion and is also a naturally anti-inflammatory drink. Within 5 minutes you can make this anti-bloat recipe with 1 banana, a large cucumber, a fresh 1-inch ginger, 1/2 cup coconut water or add it with apple cider vinegar.
1-Day Bloat-Busting Meal Plan. HelloNatural shares great bloat-busting recipes you can incorporate into your meals to help manage bloating. In the morning, you can try the Infused water, Healthy Apple-Cinnamon Chia Seed Pudding and Tropical Watermelon, Pineapple and Mango Smoothie. In the afternoon, you can try Liver + Gallbladder Flush Juice, Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Soup, and Mango-KIwi Homemade Fruit Rolls. And on the evening, you can consume the Ginger Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Tzatziki, Probiotic Smoothie with Kefir and Turmeric Tea.
How to Relieve Bloating: Other Important Pointers to Consider
Avoid turnips, legumes, cabbages, melons, peaches, and other gas-producing foods to ensure healthy digestion. Carbonated drinks and artificial sweeteners must also be avoided. Instead, you can eat a healthy diet with cinnamon, peppermint, ginger, and clove to get rid of bloated stomach. If you give attention to these reminders, you will never suffer from gas pains ever again.
Other tips to effectively help you get rid of the bloated stomach include chewing food thoroughly and drinking warm lemon water in the morning. Taking these recommendations by heart surely helps in creating a healthy gut. Remember, but of course, proper diet and exercise are still two powerful things to help you keep a healthy stomach all year round. If you do it regularly, you don’t need to worry about bloating anymore. You just need some discipline and consistency to surely get the benefits.
If you put some dedication in everything that you do, rest assured that you won’t have any problem achieving your goals. Therefore, when it comes to bloated stomach relief, following these tips helps to keep tummy in its perfect condition. But if symptoms persist, and these home remedies didn’t work, consult your doctor.